Desert Jet - Week Six

Desert Jet Intern - Thermal, CA

Week Six

7/16 - 7/20

Weekend Fun

This weekend was busy! My dad came to visit and I was able to show him around including the hangar. He enjoyed seeing where I worked and all the aircraft!

Two Harbors Catalina
Saturday I had to opportunity to fly to Catalina Airport(AVX) out of Long Beach Airport with the man who gave me my first flight!


Christina was able to backseat and she took some fun pictures of the approach.


We had lunch on the island and sadly didn't see any buffalo. We departed flying around the backside of the island, over Avalon and then direct to LGB.


After the flight we drove back to the desert. On the way we stopped at the Cabazon dinosaurs.

The Work Week

Christina and I continued to work on our money saving endeavors. By midweek we were finished with the data analysis and were able to hand off our findings. We are now helping to implement this tool with Dispatch.



A Phenom 300 stopped in and the pilot gave me tour of the G3000! It is quite cool technology and I like how he explained if you got lost in the technology use the 'home' button because "when you are lost, you go home."


Later that same day my old classmate from Purdue who now works in Arizona was able to fly in and grab dinner!

This week I was able to return to charter sales where I quoted trips and learned about the sales process.
I also worked with dispatch to learn the processes of getting the trip details to the pilots as well as all happenings before that point.
In between working in the charter office, I was able to help our chief pilot with operations, namely crew schedule organization. One of our pilots also took the time to give me and the chief pilot a preflight of the Citation Bravo where I got to learn and put some of my systems knowledge to use.

This week has been a mash up of multiple jobs and that's what makes it fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Desert Jet - Week Seven